Different Types And Benefits And Side Effects Of Microdermabrasion
The skin faces a lot of wear and tear in everyday life. T works hard to protect the body and prevents pollutants or harmful bacteria from affecting our organs. It is safe to say that skin serves a lot of important purposes, and hence, we should work on making sure that it stays healthy for a long time.
With regular wear and tear of the skin, a lot of dead and dull cells get accumulated in the top layer or your skin. Not only that, but bacteria, germ, and sebum can also get trapped in the skin leading to acne and blocked pores. Thankfully, now you can to ensure that your skin is free of any impurities.
What Is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a treatment which is gaining a lot of popularity. It can be viewed as a more intensive exfoliation. Usually, microdermabrasion treatment involves the use of a handheld device or wand which is tipped with diamond chips or crystals. These crystal or chips are sandblasted onto the skin, and they help to slough off the dead skin cells. The machine works by blasting the skin with these crystals while simultaneously sucking in the used crystals and dead cells. Once you have completed your first microdermabrasion session, you are sure to see an immediate brightening effect.
Microdermabrasion can be performed by trained professionals, or at home with the help of microdermabrasion kits. They are easy to use and are relatively hassle-free.
Different Types Of Microdermabrasion:
There are mainly three different types of microdermabrasion procedure that you can choose from, depending on whether you are going to a professional, or opting for an at-home kit.
When you go to a professional you have the following options:
· Diamond Microdermabrasion:
This type of microdermabrasion technique involves the use of a natural or synthetic diamond tip wand to exfoliate the skin. The diamond chips are not loose, that is, they are not blasted onto the skin. Instead, the chips remain attached to the wand lending the aesthetician greater control when using the device. Although these devices do come with suction, it comes in direct contact with the skin so that it can suck in the dead skin cells. Since diamond is the hardest substance on the planet, they have greater strength when it comes to skin abrasion.
· Crystal Microdermabrasion:
As the name suggests, these devices use crystals tips instead of diamonds. These machines blast loose crystals onto the face and then suck in the used crystals and dead cells with each sweep of the skin. Since this involves the use of loose crystals, this machine can reach all of the places a diamond-tipped wand cannot.
The final procedure that you can opt for when you go to professional is a dermasweep. This procedure is similar to a diamond-tipped wand in that it does not involve the use of any loose particles. Instead, they use bristles made of nylon or some other synthetic fiber to exfoliate the skin. The vacuum that comes with these devices are gentler and have reversible airflow allowing them to push and pull the skin. The bristles are also used to deliver helpful serums into the skin such as salicylic and hyaluronic acid which the skin can absorb better after exfoliation.
· Cream-only Microdermabrasion:
These creams are used as an at-home treatment. As the name suggests, these are creams which have exfoliating agents in them and are spread with the help of your fingertips to exfoliate the skin. These creams do not involve the use of any machine, and they are less effective than a diamond or crystal tipped device which you can also find for home use. However, since thee creams are a lot more gentle on the skin they can be used for your everyday skin regime.
Benefits Of Microdermabrasion:
Microdermabrasion is an expensive procedure, and in order to see the results that you want, it may take you some sessions. Hence, many people are not sure about whether or not they want to opt for this procedure. The various benefits that microdermabrasion offer to your skin, are definitely worth the money that you spend:
Microdermabrasion helps treat several skin problems at once. It can help with mild acne, signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and age spots as well as mild scarring. It also helps in treating hyperpigmentation and lends a brighter and healthier look to the skin.
· It Preps The Skin: Since microdermabrasion is essentially a more intense exfoliation treatment, it helps in preparing the skin to absorb all of the skin care products which you use in your skin care regimen. Thus, it helps in increasing the efficiency of these products. For this reason, many people often use this treatment as pre-prep to facial to ensure that the beneficial effect of the facial treatment last longer.
· Reduce Pore Sizes And Clean Them: Microdermabrasion procedure also helps in deep cleansing pores by completely getting rid of any sebum, or impurities which may be blocking the pores and causing them to appear bigger than they are. After a microdermabrasion procedure, you will find that your pore sizes have visibly reduced and your skin will feel fresh and clean.
· Improves Circulation And Production Of Collagen: The skin interprets the microdermabrasion treatment as a minor injury, and hence, it works hard to generate new skin layer which helps improve the blood circulation. It also helps lymphatic fluid circulate better and the pushing and pulling o the skin stimulates collagen production. Thus, your skin is healthier, and the collagen helps in fighting the signs of aging.
· Smooth And Softer Skin: The treatment helps your skin transform, giving rise to smoother and softer skin. Any product that you apply on top of your skin s not only able to permeate deep into the skin, but it goes on the skin a lot easier. Your makeup routine is about to improve exponentially, and your foundation will go on like a dream!
What Are The Side Effects Of A Microdermabrasion Treatment?
Microdermabrasion while gentle on the skin still involves the removal of an entire layer of your skin. Hence, it can leave your skin feeling sensitive. Aftercare is very important when it comes to a microdermabrasion treatment, and you need to key your skin hydrated and protected from the sun.
After a microdermabrasion treatment, redness of the skin, tightness, bruising and sensitivity are common and temporary side effects. These effects are also only limited o the top layer or the epidermis of the skin.
However, every skin type is different, and hence, your skin may react in a different way to the procedure.
Generally speaking, microdermabrasion is a safe and secure procedure. It helps in targeting several skin problems at once as well as aids in increasing the efficiency of your skin regime. After the initial sessions, you can maintain the results of your microdermabrasion treatment by just going in for a facial that involves microdermabrasion every month. If you want to boost your skincare, then a microdermabrasion procedure may be what you need. This procedure helps in completely transforming your skin by getting rid of the dull top layer and helping the healthy, bright and glowing layer of your skin emerge.